Komen Ozark is the local source for funding breast cancer detection, support and educational awareness in Benton, Boone, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Newton, Sebastian and Washington counties in Arkansas and Stone and Taney counties in Missouri Counties. Through its 2015-2016 community grants, Komen Ozark is investing $725.000 in education, diagnosis, treatment and support programs here in name service area here provided by 10 local organizations that serve uninsured or underinsured residents in our service area. Since it was founded in 1999, Komen Ozark has invested more than $XX million in local breast health agencies and organizations.
It is estimated that 429 women will be diagnosed in the Komen Ozark Affiliate service area in 2015. The funds Komen Ozark grants to community programs in our service area have made a positive difference in the lives of those living with this deadly disease.
For a list of 2015-2016 grantees, please click HERE.
- XXX people with breast health education
- XXX no-cost screening mammograms for medically underserved Dallas County residents
- XXX people with breast cancer diagnostic services
- XXX breast cancer patients with treatment assistance including transportation services to medical appointments, medical care, prostheses, and case management
- XXX people at high risk for hereditary breast cancer with no resources to pay for genetic screening – are now armed with the knowledge of their family risk and can take steps to manage their risk
- XXX breast cancers were detected in people who otherwise may not have had access to this life-saving information who are now able to seek treatment
The remaining 25 percent of net funds were invested in the Susan G. Komen Grants Program managed at the national level. To learn more about Susan G. Komen’s research investment, click here. In 2012-2013, Komen Ozark was fortunate to be able to invest more than $XXX,000 solely toward research.