Statement of Need
The Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is currently offering grants for innovative projects in the areas of breast health and/or breast cancer education, outreach, screening and treatment support targeting services not otherwise available to low income, underinsured or uninsured women and men of Benton, Boone, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Newton, Sebastian and Washington Counties in Arkansas and Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri.
The grant making priorities were selected based on data from the Komen Ozark Quantitative Data Report, 2014. Click to view the Community Profile Executive Summary. (Coming Soon)
Drawing from the profile, Komen Ozark has identified the following funding priority areas:
- Boone, Newton and Madison Counties in Arkansas
- Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri
- Hispanic/Latina Population in Benton, Carroll, Sebastian and Washington Counties in Arkansas
Grant Funding Priorities
All applications must address at least one of the following priorities:
- Priority 1: Education/Awareness- Increase breast health awareness and education programs, including early detection and screening information for women in need of services with a focus on underserved populations.
- Priority 2: Access- Increase access to screening and treatment services for the low-income, under/uninsured, working poor and underserved populations.
- Priority 3: Patient Navigation and Advocacy- Culturally appropriate one-on-one patient navigation programs that aide patient and their families effectively through the complexities of the healthcare system in one or more of the selected target communities.
- Priority 4: Survivorship- Provide support programs or services that meet basic needs and facilitate quality of life during and after breast cancer treatment to uninsured/underinsured breast cancer patients in one or more of the selected target communities.
Grants are awarded through a peer-reviewed process that is consistent with Komen national standards.