2016 Big Wigs WordPress website Banner

BigWig [ˈbigˌwig] (noun): an important person, usually in a particular sphere; synonym: VIP · (very) important person

Komen Ozark BigWig (noun): a very important person on a mission to end breast cancer forever by raising awareness and funds in their community; willing to have fun while wearing a ridiculous pink wig

The BigWigs campaign engages corporate and community leaders within the Komen Ozark service area as representatives in the fight against breast cancer. During the 6 week campaign, each BigWig will raise or give a minimum of $1,000, which will be used to ensure access to essential breast health services, education programs and support research to find the cures for breast cancer. Through this program, 75 percent of funds raised remain in our community to help fund our local breast cancer initiatives. The other 25 percent of funds raised will help fund cutting edge research to find the cures.

The BigWig that raises the most money will be crowned the “Biggest BigWig” at Komen Ozark’s Pink Ribbon Luncheon on Thursday, October 20 at the NWA Convention Center in Springdale. You can support your favorite BigWig on their personal fundraising page on the komenozark.org website.

2016 BigWigs

 

2016 BW Nick Berkeley
Nick Berkeley – Walmart Stores

2016 BW Ben Blakeman
Ben Blakeman – Blakeman’s Fine Jewelry

2016 BW Jim Breach
Jim Breach – Unilever

2016 BW Lela Davidson
Lela Davidson – Saatchi & Saatchi X

2016 BW Tony Engle
Tony Engle – SC Johnson

2016 BW Traci Farrah
Traci Farrah – Collier Drug Store

2016 BWArist Mastorides
Arist Mastorides – Kimberly-Clark

2016 BW Dr. Paige Partridge
Dr. Paige Partridge – Parkhill Clinic for Women

2016 BW Kevin Springate
Kevin Springate – Procter and Gamble

2016 BW Curt Stamp
Curt Stamp – Cox Communications

2016 Dr. Joseph Steinmetz

Dr. Joseph Steinmetz – Chancellor University of Arkansas