Executive Sponsor named for 10th Annual Swing for the Cure

Paul Beahm, SVP of Walmart Health and Wellness will serve as the Executive Sponsor

Springdale, Ark. (July 24, 2017) –  Paul Beahm, SVP of Walmart Health and Wellness will serve as the Executive Sponsor for Komen Ozark’s 10th Annual Swing for the Cure golf tournament at Shadow Valley Country Club on Friday, September 22.

“Swing for the Cure is a great way to support Komen Ozark’s life-saving work and mission in Northwest Arkansas,” says Beahm.  “This event raises funds necessary to provide breast health services for our neighbors and also continues to support critical breast cancer research that will help us find the cures.”

Swing for the Cure is an 18 hole scramble tournament that offers morning and afternoon flights, lunch, prizes and more.  Proceeds from Swing for the Cure will benefit the Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen.  For more information about sponsorship opportunities or to register a team, contact Lauren Marquette at lauren@komenozark.org or (479) 750-7465.

75 percent of the proceeds from this event benefit local women and men and helps fund local breast health programs that provide education, screening and treatment assistance to those in need. The other 25 percent of the proceeds goes to breast cancer research.  For those who want to support Komen but cannot attend the event, donations can be made either online at www.komenozark.org/donate or by sending a check to the Komen Ozark office at P.O. Box 309 Springdale, Arkansas  72764.

 About Komen Ozark

The Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front.  Since 1998, Komen Ozark has funded over 10.5 MILLION in local grants to help local women and over 3 MILLION in research to find the cure.  75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to the 10 county service area through community organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women and men. The Komen Ozark Affiliate’s service area covers Benton, Boone, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Newton, Sebastian, and Washington Counties in Arkansas and Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri.