Statement of Need
The Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is currently offering grants for innovative projects in the areas of breast health and/or breast cancer education based outreach, screening and treatment support targeting services not otherwise available to low income, underinsured or uninsured women and men of Benton, Boone, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Newton, Sebastian and Washington Counties in Arkansas and Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri.
The grant making priorities were selected based on data from the Komen Ozark Quantitative Data Report, 2014.
Drawing from the profile, Komen Ozark has identified the following funding priority areas:
- Boone, Newton and Madison Counties in Arkansas
- Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri
- Hispanic/Latina Population in Benton, Carroll, Sebastian and Washington Counties in Arkansas
Grant Funding Priorities
All applications must address at least one of the following priorities:
- Priority 1: Education- Increase breast health awareness and education programs, including early detection and screening information for women in need of services with a focus on underserved populations.
- Priority 2: Reducing Barriers to Care – Removing barriers to care and increasing access to screening and treatment services for the low-income, under/uninsured, working poor and underserved populations.
- Priority 3: Patient Navigation – Culturally appropriate one-on-one patient navigation programs that aide patient and their families effectively through the complexities of the healthcare system in one or more of the selected target communities.