JOIN OUR TEAM.
Komen Ozark is currently in search of a Development Officer. If you are interested in becoming part of the Komen Ozark team let us know.
Title: DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Springdale, AR
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Development Officer (DO) is responsible for planning and leading all revenue development activities for the Affiliate. The position is responsible for ensuring the success and diversification of revenue development strategies with emphasis on annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, third party events, foundation support, national programs and special events, including Race for the Cure®.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with individual and corporate donors, advertising and marketing agencies, vendors, the Board of Directors, volunteers, sponsors and colleagues. This individual is committed to the Susan G Komen mission and will be charged with identifying creative and sustainable donor development programs which will enable the Affiliate to capitalize on diverse revenue channels with a donor-centric focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design, implement, and analyze all fundraising activities of the Affiliate.
- Working with the Executive Director, key staff and Board members, implement long range revenue development plan.
- Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment and stewardship of donors at all levels.
- Prepare for and personally solicit gifts at all levels, in conjunction with staff and key volunteers.
- Coordinate gift solicitations by Executive Director, Board members and key stakeholders and train as appropriate.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the volunteer event committees.
- Oversee the donor management system to ensure ongoing accuracy within the system; work in close contact with other development, financial and administrative staff to achieve this objective.
- Work with event staff to ensure corporate sponsorship goals for the Race are met, including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate sponsorships, stewardship and maintenance of current corporate sponsors.
- Work closely with development staff at Komen Headquarters to ensure coordination on revenue development activities
- Work with leadership volunteers and staff to ensure Affiliate revenue development events, including Race for the Cure, 3rd party and national initiatives are executed to maximize optimal success within current resources.
- Work with Executive Director to shape public outreach activities including public relations, marketing communications, stewardship and special events (Race for the Cure, 3rd party events, website, newsletter, annual report, etc.)
- Maintain involvement with external organizations and professional groups that may provide continuing education and/or opportunities to build long-term relationships with donors/supporters.
- Support Executive Director and Board of Directors with other Affiliate projects and events as requested.
- Ensure all commitments to donors are fulfilled and that strong relationships are maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience including responsibility for revenue development and a proven track record in professional revenue development.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer revenue development events and programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population
- A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others
- Dedication to principles of inclusion
- A record of planning and supporting growth
- A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish priorities
- Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience working with or reporting to a Board of Directors
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)
- Hearing, listening, seeing, talking, reading
- Lifting up to 40 pounds (raise this due to special events involvement?)
- Office environment – employees are protected from weather conditions and contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Travel: some travel is required as necessary
- Work hours: some evening and weekend work
Internal and External Contacts
Internal and External Contacts
Affiliate Board of Directors
Komen Headquarters Staff
Health Care / Community Health Professionals
Donors, Potential Donors
Public Policy Makers
If interested, please email please submit cover letter and resume to:
Lauren Marquette, Executive Director of Komen Ozark at email@example.com.